Lifetime of Security
Todd collaborates with executives and senior leaders in enterprises to provide and strategy and guidance in the development of sustainable information security & risk management programs for complex and highly regulated environments. He is a skilled communicator and enjoys cultivating relationships and collaborating across organizational structures from front line technologist to c-level executives.
As a strategic leader and trusted advisor with expertise working across organization’s functions and hierarchy to deliver strategies and programs Todd has a proven record of improving information security & risk management programs and process while maintaining the ability to evidence sustainability.
Ahead of joining the private sector, Todd enjoyed a highly decorated career in public safety for 15 years. During that time he worked in special operations units for both fire/rescue and law enforcement. Todd started Massachusetts’ second Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) and initiated the Central Massachusett Drug & Countercrime Taskforce Digital Forensics Unit.
Organizations across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts have recognized Todd for his contributions to the community these organizations include The Commonwealth of Massachusetts State Senate, Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency, Worcester County Sheriff’s Office, Town of Auburn Board of Selectmen, Town of Auburn Chief of Police, and Town of Auburn Fire Chief.
Todd is a publicly recognized information security & risk management subject matter expert and public speaker. In 2011 The Rhode Island Chapter of the International Association of Certified Fraud Examiners awarded him the Speaker of the Year. He as also been engaged to speak at events for the Providence Journal Publick Occurrences, Roger Williams University School of Law, Worcester State College, and Rhode Island College. In addition to public speaking Todd is an experienced adjust professor having taught bachelors and masters level in digital forensics and cyber security courses for Quinsigamond Community College & Roger Williams University.
Todd is pursuing his MBA and a Master of Science in Organizational Leadership with Nichols College. Todd has earned a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Computer Information Systems from Fitchburg State University and a Digital Forensics Professional Certification from Roger Williams University.
Todd has served on the advisory board for Rutgers University’s Cybersecurity Certificate Program, and currently serves on the Ithaca College and Pace University Cybersecurity Certificate Programs’ Advisory Boards.
Todd holds numerous professional certifications such as: Certified Information Security System Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Computer Examiner (CCE), Certified Electronic Evidence Collection Specialist (CEECS), and Insider Threat Security Specialist (ITSS).
Todd’s goal is to create a culture of a business enablement in partnership with best in breed security practices. Creating a culture where business enablement means security is considered and integrated in an agile manner.
Todd has worked with and delivered to some of worlds most complex and global financial services firms. Todd has extensive experience advising executives in iconic global retail, manufacturing and financial services organizations.
Office: (646) 877-3223
Upper Saddle River
Leadership | Influence | Stakeholder Management | Negotiation | Consensus Building | Conflict Resolution
Communication | C-Executive & Board Presentation | Written Proposals | Oral Proposals | Training | Public Speaking
Planning | Budgeting & Finance | Roadmap Development | Project Management | Program Oversight | Six Sigma
Strategy | Strategy Development | Strategy Execution | Policy | Standards | Metrics | Reporting | Process Optimization
Cybersecurity Frameworks | NIST | ISO 27001/2 | COBIT 4 & 5 | ITIL | CIS | OWASP | MITRE | HITRUST | SOC2
Governance & Compliance | PCI/DSS | GDPR | CCPA | NYDFS | FFIEC | SOX | GLBA | FTC | FISMA | HIPAA | SEC
Risk Oversight | Three Lines of Defense (3LoD) | IT Security Audit | Security Program Audit | Findings Remediation
Program Development | Asset Management | Risk Assessment | Risk Management Strategy | Access Control | Training
Information Security Awareness | Data Security | Information Protection Processes & Procedures | Detection Processes
Anomalies & Events | Security Operations | Incident Response | Forensics | Business Continuity | Physical Security
Global Executive Services Director
Optiv Inc | Mar 2016 – Sep 2020
- Directed delivery of complex cybersecurity, information security & risk projects regionally (~$25M)
- Influenced a diverse group of security specialists, consultancy practice leaders, executives & client managers from pre-sales to delivery completion for 7 to 10 projects simultaneously
- Blueprinted methodologies for security technology stack rationalizations & NIST NICE Framework security program alignment generating over $2M new annual revenue
- Modernized information security program op-model by aligning it with IT & business strategy with specific risk reduction targets, demonstrating a 40% shift in maturity in 18 months
- Conferred with executive leaders on a strategy to improve CMMI maturity scores for a client’s global retail and manufacturing information security program rocketing CCMI scored on average 2.3 in under 18 months
TODD M. HAMMOND firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Information Security Officer Telephone: 646-877-3223
Founder & Principal Executive Advisor
TMJL Group LLC |Sep 2014 – Mar 2016
- Partnered with C-Suite executives to develop information security program maturity, enhance control efficacy diminishing regulatory Matters Requiring Attention (MRA) & audit findings up to 30%
- Orchestrated the alignment of a 3 LoD risk program for a global Fortune 50 financial services firm, advancing regulatory compliance by 20% & slashing audit findings by ~40%
- Reconstructed CSIRT response strategy incorporating FEMA ICS, NIMS & NIST SP 800-61r2 into a global multi-hazard crisis management program reducing redundancy by 75%
- Designed, facilitated & evaluated cybersecurity incident exercises improving understanding of roles by 30%
Director of Security & Resilience Transformation
Royal Bank of Scotland | Mar 2008 – Sep 2014
- Launched RBS America’s western hemisphere Digital Forensics capabilities from inception to attaining an American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors (ASCLD) Proficient rating of ~97%
- Led a team of 25 to restructure delivery of information security services streamlining resources & strengthening regulatory compliance by more than 80% to address Matters Requiring Board Attention (MRBA)
- Slashed costs more than $3M+ annually while meeting a 140% increase in demand for digital forensics & electronic discovery services
- Exceeded regulatory requirements while driving a 90% increase in penetration testing compliance & eliminating $6M in costs
Quinsigamond Community College | Jan 2008 – May 2015
- Instructed 8 semesters at undergraduate levels: Digital Forensics | Threats, Vulnerabilities & Countermeasures
- Developed curricula for 2 programs: Threats, Vulnerabilities & Countermeasures | Digital Forensics
Roger Williams University | Jan 2014 – May 2016
- Instructed 4 semesters at undergraduate and graduate levels: Digital Forensics | Malware Analysis
Board of Education
Auburn Massachusetts Public Schools | May 2009 – May 2012
- Elected official serving a 3-year term functioning as employer for collective bargaining, providing fiduciary oversight, approving strategy & policy
- Navigated political landscape to gain 100% unanimous support from the Board of Education, Board of Selectmen, Finance Committee & Teachers’ Union for implementing a tax natural full day kindergarten
Law Enforcement Officer
Auburn Massachusetts Police Department | Apr 1998 – Mar 2008
- Built a digital & video forensics capability decreasing time for processing of digital evidence by 95% for a 62-community regional drug and counter crime task force
- Developed custom software to convert 15 years of critical law enforcement records for a systems migration driving project costs down more than $100K (~25%)
MBA & MS Organizational Leadership (matriculating)
Nichols College | Dudley, MA | May 2009 – May 2023
BS Computer Information Systems
Fitchburg State University | Fitchburg, MA | Sep 1993 – May 2009